I just didn’t see it until I stood up to take a photo and then…Rats and double rats.
The pattern wasn’t drawn onto the fabric symmetrically. (Drawn by me, I must add.) Nope, it’s wonky, off kilter, uneven and just plain not right.And I didn’t see it until I stitched it. Grrrrrrr.
Working from this angle, concentrating on the stitches being tight, even and following the curve, everything seemed just fine. I stitched away, thinking of what I would write about buttonhole stitch on a curve, oblivious to the imbalance I was creating.
And then I stood up to take a photo and – aarrgghh! – I saw it all too clearly.
The two sides of the curve are different and, most importantly, the ends of the curve don’t meet the point of the sepal base in the same place.
Now I have to take out the buttonhole on the left side and maybe the trellis work. I’ll flatten the right side of the curve some so it matches the left side and bring the bottom right point into the space between the petals of the sepal so it looks the same as the left side.
Unpicking stitching is the one part of embroidery that I do NOT like. However, I am forever grateful to the person (Mary Corbet maybe…it’s been so long ago I don’t remember…) who recommended a pair of tweezers for unpicking stitches. They are a lifesaver!
So, next time I hope you’ll see a new improved curve, all nicely finished and symmetrical. Thank goodness the weekend is just around the corner! Have a great Friday!